Comment on page
Create a Credential
Connecting your Actions to external services
Any Action that connects to an external service will require a Credential. To learn how to create a credential to a specific provider, check the section on Connectors. Each Connector service has instructions on how to add a Credential.
- 1.Under Proxies/Environments, click Create Credential (Or you can add a new credential when editing an Action in an xRunBook).
- 2.Choose AWS as your credential.
Step 1 of adding a Credential
4. After Clicking next, ypu'll be prompted to add your authorization credentials. In the case of AWS, it is a key and secret:
Adding your Key and Secret
Now your Credential will be saved. It'll be ready for use in a few seconds.
When adding a Credential, a serviceID can be added. ServiceID is a variable abstraction of the Credential.
To use a serviceID:
- 1.For your credentials - give them a serviceID (that is the same across all environments). For example: AWS_ServiceID.
- 2.Open your xRunbook, and for each Action, change the credential Slider to ServiceID, and choose the serviceId.
- 3.Now, when you run the RunBook, you'll be prompted to choose an environment, and unSkript will use the credentials (via the serviceId) for that environment.