Comment on page
Role Based Access Control
Simple access controls give your team access with just the right permission level
Role-based access control (RBAC) is a method of regulating access to your RunBooks and connections based on the roles of individual users within your organization.
This enables granularity and security for the workflows which restricts user movement across the platform.
RBAC controls are only available in the Sandbox and Cloud versions of unSkript.
Our RBAC solution is built by adding Users to Groups, and then adding access and permissions to the group. Groups have different access levels to directories in your unSkript RunBook collection.
In the unSkript dashboard, click "More" -> "User Management" from the top navigation. A page will load listing all of the Users in your instance of unSkript, along with their e-mail address and the Groups they are a member of.
You can invite new users from this page with the "+Invite User" button.
Access to workflows and executions are provided through the use of User Groups. From the "User Management" page, click the "User Groups" tab to list all of the user groups in your instance.
Click the Add Group button. In Step 1, you name the Group.
In Step 2, you add users to the Group. You can always add/remove users later in the Group settings.
Next, we will add access roles to the group. Access roles are based on the level of access for a directory of RunBooks. If you wish to limit access to a subset of RunBooks, place them in a unique directory. We can then limit access to this directory to different groups of users.
- 1.Select the User Group you wish to grant credentials.
- 2.Click the + Add Privileges button under the Access Control tab inside the User Group.
- 4.Add the Folders which this User Group can access based on their privileges. Any RunBook in these folders will be visible at the access level given.
- 5.You can view/edit all the users under the User tab. You can view (and remove) the User Groups to which they belong.
- 6.To directly add a user to an existing User Group, click on the Invite User button under Users tab.